"BLOG POST #6 - AUDACITY"
"AUDACITY"
Audacity is a free audio editing software that is widely popular in the audio technical world. Often used by many such as artists and musicians, podcasters, voice actors, etc. I personally have slight experience in using Audacity in a few small projects of mine, and manuevering through the software was based off of trial-and-error as well as many google searches. The Audacity traning was very helpful as it covers a lot of the foundations of using the editing software including splitting audio, layering different audio files, effects, isolating certain sounds, and more.
"PERSONAL THOUGHTS"
I found the aspect of applying compression to be very interesting for me. I own a condenser microphone and my voice is on the deeper tone, and using a compresser into my audio recording could make the file sound much more professional which I try to aim for. Also, I found the section of removing unwanted noise to be useful. Often in recordings I find there to be a bit of a fuzziness in the background, and being able to remove that will be able to take the recording to the next-level.
-- As a bonus, I found the bleeping of words to be entertaining :)
"OVERALL"
Looking at the audio assignment, I am looking forward to use a lot of the features Audacity has to offer such as layering and effects!
Comments
Post a Comment