"BLOG POST #5 - GIMP (GNU IMAGE MANIPULATION PROGRAM)"

 "THE EXPERIENCE"

My experience with photo-editing/photo-creation originates from Photoshop. Being familiar to the Adobe Photoshop system, GIMP felt quite new yet familiar. The layout of both Photoshop and GIMP is almost identical. In my opinion, I found Photoshop's layout to be more pleasing to the eye, however that can be subjective.

"PHOTO IMPORTING"

I was shocked to find that GIMP did not have a .RAW file reader like Photoshop had. I use .RAW files since I do photography and I shoot in .RAW file formats to be able to fully utilize a photo. However, importing .JPG/.JPEG files were easy and simple.

"GRAPHIC DESIGN"

GIMP's graphic creation is very similar to Photoshop's system in looks and in system. GIMP uses a layering system for the image to have different pieces as well as a channel and paths system located in the right side panels.

"CONCLUSION"

Overall, GIMP is a very great alternative for those needing a quick and accessible image editing software when Photoshop is not obtainable! 

Comments