"BLOG POST #1 -- INTRODUCTION"



Hello!~ My name is Jeremiah Astillero


"ORIGINS"
I
 was born and raised in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and my parents are from Batangas, PhilippinesMy birthday is on March 5, 2000 and I am 21 years old. I have one older brother who was born in Saskatoon as well. My parents and my 
fairly big family immigrated to Saskatoon in the mid-90’s and have never looked back since!  


"SCHOOL"
I am in my third
/fourth year of University though I am only in my second/third year in the College of Education. My teaching areas are Social Sciences and Drama in the Secondary Education section. I originally wanted to become a Social Worker, but ultimately decided to become a High School Teacher as I found myself to be more passionate and excited about it. I hope to become a psychology High School Teacher out of Saskatchewan and if given the opportunity, be able to have a Dance or Photography curriculum to teach students who are interested in dance or photography!


"PERSONALS"
I have a terrier-pug mix breed dog named Bella who is turning 
in November! She is the cutest dog ever, and has an interesting trait about her: she has a bit of a lazy eye :O some may say she is cross-eyed... we still have yet to decide.



I love listening to and consuming music! Especially finding songs that aren’t well-known or mainstream. I am a fan of many genres but my favorites will always be R&B and K-Pop! 


-- Me at the Red Velvet concert in Vancouver during February 2019!

Dance is one of my biggest hobbies. I have been dancing since I was a child and only have started to take it semi-seriously when I was 18 by taking my first dance class! The style of dance I like to dance in is Hip-Hop 


Photography is also another hobby of mine! I bought my first DSLR camera in October 2020 and have not regretted starting since it is super fun! I especially love doing photoshoots for my friends and family, I have also done a shoot for a good friend’s small business which was a fun experience! Since pursuing photography, I am quite experienced with Photoshop LightroomI hope to incorporate my own photography skills into my classroom. 


-- Believe it or not, this is taken with my iPhone!


"TECHNOLOGY"
Technology
 has always been a big part of my life ever since I was a child. I was always very interested in all-things technology. I have been playing video games since I picked up a SNES controller when I was 4 years old. In December of 2020, I built my first PC from the ground-up by myself. It was an amazing experience learning all the ins and outs of building computers and watching all the cool videos to learn from on Youtube! I built my PC with a focus onto photo editing and gaming but also ventured onto content creation also a day after I built it. It has been 9 months since I started and have been enjoying it since! stream online and have used my streams as video segments, and a lot of people have been really enjoying it; which is really fulfilling. As I did with my computer, with some help of a few friends I met online, I was able to get very familiar with the stream system and the software OBS Studio. I have also created promotional material for my stream which I was able to do through Photoshop, as well did I set my streaming overlay’s myself as well. 

I believe that these skills will serve me well in the future as technology in the classrooms will only continue to become more in demand since I am already familiar with it, and also very much interested in learning as it advances! 

I hope to further practice incorporating my personality and interests within my own teaching curriculum to create a great learning environment! 


I am super excited to make some great material in this class for everyone and to see some awesome stuff from my classmates!

Take care everyone~ 

Comments

  1. Welcome to the course Jeremiah, looks like you have a good background in many areas of the course. your skills in OBS, DSLR and music will serve you well. Looking forward to watching your work throughout the course. Cheers Marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeremiah!

    We have very similar interests and hobbies. I too am a dancer and am a big fan of music, especially hip hop and R&B! You seem like a very creative and adventurous person which is really inspiring! You will be an awesome teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jeremiah!

    your dog is really cute! hope you have a great year, excited to work with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment